JOIN OUR COMMITTEE
Steering Committee Member
Gender Equity in Animal Rights (GEAR), is seeking volunteers to join their steering committee. The primary purpose of this role is to help pave a path forward for womxn, non-binary people, and transgender people in animal protection.
Committee members support and execute projects involved in GEAR’s outreach and organizational strategy. Duties may include, but are not limited to: creating partnerships with other organizations and individuals in the movement, program management, taking part in strategy sessions, and PR, all in support of GEAR’s mission to create a strong and supportive platform to enhance gender equity. Steering committee members are integral in creating and managing GEAR's projects.
The steering committee members work closely together and interact with the general public as a representative of GEAR.
- The most important characteristic required is mission alignment
- Commit to a two-year term
- Must either join one project-based subcommittee or take on an admin task for the steering committee. See list of our current projects here.
- Must join the fortnightly steering committee conference calls
- Estimated 2 - 4 hours/week commitment
- All steering committee members agree to abide by GEAR's code of conduct.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills when working with people from different disciplines and backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Goal oriented and highly motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Articulate and persuasive both orally and in writing
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively
- The ability to work with maturity and a sense of humor
Compensation: This is a volunteer position.
Positions available: 5
Please send a resume, one letter of reference, and statement of interest to email@example.com. Statement of interest should include the answer to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be on the GEAR steering committee?
- How do you align with the GEAR mission, vision and core values?
- Outside of the obvious (what’s on your resume), what value-add would you bring to the steering committee?